Sunday, July 11, 2010

Back to Reality...

The end of a wonderful and well deserved vacation, this last week was truly a great time…
Wednesday
We took it easy and lazed about swimming and watching television for most of the day, later in the day around 5:30 we went down to the beach and hung out around the ocean. Apparently there was a 5.4 Magnitude Earth Quake, we didn’t feel a thing…
Thursday
More beach and hangin out downtown at Coronado City… Grabbed a picnic lunch and had a meal by the ocean. Rented a double seat Tram bike, however it went bad when Coga had an accident and got his foot caught in the spokes! Lesson Learned: Never try to get off a moving vehicle, and always, always listen to mama! More swimming at the hotel, then relaxed and watched a Shrek 3 movie on the big screen at the Hotel… Lowes is a great kid friendly hotel for anyone who is interested in vacationing with children. Coga was actually wishing to go to the “Kids Club” (babysitting service)!
And while I’m sounding off about Lowes I want to give a shout out to Sam & Jessica at the Market Café who are the friendliest and helpful staff members at the hotel! I truly appreciate the way in which they got to know my son and I, and greeted us for breakfast everyday!
And of course I cannot forget “Cory” our first friend here on vacation! I want to say thanks and when you come to Regina, give us a call and we will show you our Canada, from a 1st perspective!
Friday
Wow! So it all begins with us going for our brekkie at the Market Café and then off with Cory to the Ferry landing. We went on the USS Midway Tour! I didn’t think it was possible but it took the whole day! What a huge ship! Wow! There is so much to see! I will post pics in a slide show when I get home as I have no adapter, (opps)…
Then we went to the ferry landing and got some Taco Bell and had a picnic on the beach. Coga made some friends once again and played in the surf! Then back to the room and back to the pool, then off to bed and fly out in the morning…
Saturday
As I write this we are in the Lowes Lobby waiting for our faithful driver Cory to take us to the airport… Then it’s fly out and off to real life… sigh… at least we’ll always have our memories! Coga want’s to come back next year, and next year we’ll know what to expect!
Ok so now I’m on the plane, landing at Regina, guess I’ll be home in a few minutes back to the soil of Southern Saskatchewan… Missed my friends family and pets… Buddy n Mooch…
It’s good to be home… safe n sound…
Wait is there really a Tornado Watch for today????????????????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad you stopped in, please leave a comment: